I am a registered Psychologist, Psychotherapist and individual and couple Counsellor based in both Edinburgh and Haddington, UK where I run my private practices. In addition to this, I provide psychotherapy and counselling services to individuals and couples via online platforms to international clientele, mainly expats living in different parts of the world.
As a member of The British Psychological Society (BPS) and The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I am bound by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
After earning my Masters degree in Psychology from The University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, my interests led me to complete specialisation in Organisational Psychology and Work Related Stress at Gothenburg University in Sweden. Following that, I received Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy from the University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom where I then completed my second Masters. My research focused on early attachment styles and the relationship between mother and child, and the effects it has on our adult relationships and life overall.
Besides I also hold a Certificate in Relationship Counselling meaning that I am fully qualified to work with couples and I also hold a Certificate in Telehealth (online therapy) which qualifies me to work professionally online with individuals and couples via Zoom, Skype and other online platforms.
- Master in Psychology, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Diploma in Marketing and Project management, Experta Business Academy, Zagreb, Croatia
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Certificate in Couples Counselling, Relationship Scotland, UK
- Master in Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Certificate in Telehealth (online therapy) for Mental Health Professionals, PESI HealthCare, USA
My professional and personal experience has given me a wealth of insights, which I integrate into my practice.
– 14-year experience of working with vulnerable people in a variety of settings – from NHS and private psychiatric clinics to community and charitable sectors.
– Extensive experience in working in a business setting where I gained an understanding of the pressures that can lead people to extreme burnout.
– Living, working and training in a number of different countries (Croatia, Slovenia, Sweden, UK), each with its own cultural setting and nuances, has made me deeply aware and sensitive to cultural differences, and the particular set of challenges that expats may face when moving to an unfamiliar place.
I am fluent in English, Croatian, Slovenian, Serbian and Bosnian and I am able to provide psychotherapy and counselling in all these languages.
I have trained in some of the UK’s most respected counselling institutions and I am registered with The British Psychological Society (BPS) and The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I adhere to their codes of ethics and practice and my work is fully supervised and insured – so you can be sure you’re in a safe pair of hands.